The Age of Exploration
Unit 6 Objectives:
- Analyze the rise and spread of various empires in terms of influence, achievements, and lasting impact.
- Analyze the relationship between trade routes and the development and decline of major empires.
- Analyze how the desire for farmland created conflict and impacted the physical environments of Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas.
- Explain the causes and effects of exploration and expansion
- Analyze the colonization in terms of the desire for access to resources and markets as well as the consequences on indigenous cultures, populations, and environment.