Lessons of Vietnam & REcent INternational Relations
Lessons of Vietnam
Unit 4 Objectives
- Evaluate the events and decisions that led increased U.S. involvement in Vietnam up to 1968.
- Differentiate between the American presidential policies regarding Southeast Asia from 1945-1968.
- Understand changing the role of the American and Vietnamese military in the Vietnam conflict.
- Explain the organizational structure of the military
- Assess the impact of the draft on American society
- Analyze the demographic makeup of the soldiers in Vietnam
- Examine the life of the average solider in the Vietnam War
- Explain the military and political strategies implemented by the U.S. and North Vietnam from 1965-1975
- Assess the impact of guerilla warfare on soldiers and civilians
- Describe the turning points of the Vietnam War between 1965-1975
- Evaluate the role of leadership in the conduct of the war
- Examine the technology utilized during the Vietnam War
Unit 4 Textbook Chapters
|Chapter 6 - When War Becomes a Crime - The Case of My Lai|
|File Size:||2323 kb|