Lessons of Vietnam & REcent INternational Relations
U.S. Involvement in Vietnam
Unit 3 Objectives
- Evaluate the events and decisions that led increased U.S. involvement in Vietnam up to 1968.
- Differentiate between the American presidential policies regarding Southeast Asia from 1945-1968.
- Understand changing the role of the American and Vietnamese military in the Vietnam conflict.
- Explain the organizational structure of the military
- Explain the military and political strategies implemented by the U.S. and North Vietnam from 1965-1975
- Assess the impact of guerrilla warfare on soldiers and civilians
- Describe the turning points of the Vietnam War between 1965-1975
- Evaluate the role of leadership in the conduct of the war
- Examine the technology utilized during the Vietnam War