Lessons of Vietnam & REcent INternational Relations
Introduction & Roots of INternational Conflict
Unit 1 Objectives
- Analyze the importance of geography, culture, and ethnicity on the history of Vietnam.
- Evaluate the impact of the history of foreign intervention in Vietnam.
- Compare and contrast Vietnamese and American culture.
- Examine the competing forces of nationalism, communism, and democracy in post WWII Vietnam
- Recognize the key players of the early Cold War Era.
- Evaluate the rivalry between the United States and the Soviet Union after WWII.
- Assess the impact of the policies of containment and the domino theory on Asia.
- Understand the impact of the Cold War on American society.
- Articulate the importance of alliance systems, e.g. United Nations, NATO, Warsaw Pact, SEATO
Unit 1 Powerpoints
Unit 1 Assignments
The LEssons of Vietnam Textbook
|Chapter 1 - Introduction to Vietnam: Land, History, & Culture|
|File Size:||2939 kb|